LUNCH LEADER TRAINING ACADEMY: Summer 2021
July 11th through 15th, 2021
Lunch Leader Academy Intensive
LEARN HOW TO INSTIGATE AND IMPLEMENT A WHOLE FOOD LUNCH PROGRAM IN YOUR SCHOOL, BUSINESS OR HOME.
Gather with foodies and food activists from across the country who champion ancestral and whole-foods based meals. Get intimate access to those who have pioneered ‘the best school lunch program in the country.’ Leave with the mindset, skills and support needed to successfully launch a program in your community.
This course is perfect for home cooks, professional chefs and those who have a passion to change unhealthy food systems.
Purchase 1 of 10 spots available for our Summer 2021 intensive workshop.
Here’s what’s included:
• 4 nights of lodging at a spectacular private property in Topanga, CA.
• All meals included: from 7/11 reception/introduction dinner through 7/15 farewell/reflection breakfast (11 meals).
• 4 nights and 3 full days of high level, hands on courses.
• Direct access to program creator and leader Hilary Boynton and staff.
• Shuttles to/from all training sessions in Malibu & Santa Monica (no airport service).
• Attend high impact sourcing lessons from the Santa Monica Farmers Market (rated ‘Best in US’).
• One of a kind, luxury Malibu location for additional cooking classes (Plumcot Farm).
Maximum 10 spaces available.
Our 2021 Summer Lunch Leaders Academy Intensive will be anchored in the rustic hills of Topanga, CA. A spectacular private property will function as your home base and provide lodging, meals, classroom space and amenities. The incredibly scenic location and quiet atmosphere will allow for you to escape and unwind at any time you’re not engaged in classes.
Our second location is Plumcot Farm, a unique California Certified Organic Farm (CCOF) in the heart of Malibu that offers a large contemporary kitchen, perfectly suited for our teaching needs. School kitchen programs are encouraged to have deep ties with local farms. Plumcot is an exceptional property with a mission to support local food artisans and learning programs.
Lunch Leader Instructor Brando Farr in the Plumcot Farm Kitchen.
Hilary Boynton with national partner, Primal Kitchen’s Annie Martin.
Fermenting Partner Chele Eades of Wildly Fermented, in the Plumcot Kitchen.
Plumcot Farm Teaching Kitchen.
Our Intensive will take you through the core tenants of ancestral and whole-food based menus, as well as the mindset tools that we have rolled out and refined over the past 4 years.
• Sunday(7/11) 3:00 pm check-in at the retreat center. We will break the ice with a reception and introductions. We'll cover the philosophy, health metrics and concepts that set this program apart and get a quick start on several preparations for the week.
• Monday(7/12) Our first full day covers ferments, breads and grains, raw dairy, and food systems. The entire day will be spent at the Topanga location.
• Tuesday(7/13) We head to Malibu and after a tour of Plumcot Farm we'll spend spend the day in the kitchen working with proteins, broths and fats. We wrap up by focusing on menu planning tools and the ability to scale up, learning from our database partners before heading back to Topanga for dinner and discussions.
• Wednesday(7/14) On our final full day we dive deep into farmer’s markets and farmer relations. We'll head out early to the Santa Monica Farmers Market, learning the crucial dynamics at play for farmers and customers. This will change your mindset around sourcing locally and regionally. We'll return to Plumcot Farm and begin preparing recipes for the evening event. After completing our day's recipes we'll return to Topanga and prepare to serve and enjoy the wrap-up event with special guests!
• Thursday(7/15) Your morning includes breakfast and then check out by 12:00 noon.
Proteins: Clean and close, regional and national.
Menus: Omnivore, Vegetarian and Vegan crossover.
Champions: Spotting the unknown support for the children.
Science on your side: Knowing the tools that support your decision to take this path.
Grains: The national sourdough revival underway. Milling grains yourself. The baker down the block.
Sourcing: Bright spots and landmines.
Zero Waste: The complete path of food through your kitchen.
This Intensive is designed to help you take action in a world that tells you you’re powerless. It’s not true! You can move the needle towards a better world for your children, your home, your school or your business. The change comes from you, and we are here to support you on this path.
Please join us by attending this Intensive.
Questions ? Email [email protected]